Friday, November 2, 2007

Sugar High

The day after Halloween should be a day off from school. The kids all donned in their costumes spend their evening trick-or-treating. The event usually keeps them up later than normal and they consume so much candy that the dentist will be working overtime! So, here in Nov. 1, the kids are cranky because they are tired. They are hyper because they have had a party at school and then candy all night. Some, even had candy stuffed in their pockets and ate them while in the closet. Its so hard getting kids to focus on work, do an activity or just sit and listen. I hate this day. I feel like nothing gets accomplished. I am not going to say ban the practice of trick-or-treating, I am just asking that it be done in moderation. Let the kids go out, but please, not too late. Sure, eat a piece of candy, but not the whole bag....which leads me to my next post...

No comments: