Friday, November 2, 2007

What's Really Important?

So, I mentioned that very few parents showed up for Parent Teacher Conference. One boy whose mom didn't show up writes me a note, "Mrs. ******, can you please inform me of my son's progress in his work and behavior? All I see are his graded papers from the day, but you don't send home no note to tell me how he is doing." So, I respond that I sent home THREE notes about signing up for conferences for the purpose of updating parents on their child's progresss. It was in his homework folder. She says, she didn't see the note. Then she asks, "Why can't he wear no costume? Your note said no costumes on Halloween." I told her that is because we have too many problems with "weapons" and other things. Ironic thing is, the Halloween note and Parent Teacher Conf. note were on the SAME paper. Go figure. What's really important? Asking me about costumes or coming to conference.

No comments: